Studies show that 60-80% of all pets over the age of 3 years have periodontal disease and need dental care.
Dental disease in pets cause many problems such as:
- Bad Breath
- Infections Spreading to Internal Organs (Liver, Kidney, Heart)
- Mouth and Gum Pain
- Loss of Teeth
- Potential Infection Spread to Humans (Conjunctivitis)
- Future Owner Expense
Proper Dental Cleaning Procedures In Your Pet Include:
- Pre-Sedation Physical Exam
- Pre-Sedation Blood Profile Screening (Optional for Patients Under 5 year, But Highly Recommended)
- Sedation & Vital Sign Monitoring
- Ultrasonic and/or Roto-Pro Scaling
- Antiseptic Flushing to Remove Bacteria
- Teeth Polishing to Smooth Surfaces after Scaling
- Fluoride Application to Strengthen Teeth & Build Resistance to New Tartar
- Recovery Day Care Hospitalization
- Long Acting Antibiotic Injection
Oral Antibiotics May Be Required Depending on if Infection is Present.
We are dedicated to providing quality health care for your pet at the most affordable fee. Just as in humane medicine, it is much better to "prevent" problems rather than "treat" problems. To that end, we have "packaged" the entire dental prophy procedure to provide the lowest fee possible.
What if Extractions Are Need?
Many pets require sedation before a thorough examination can be compared. The condition of each tooth must be evaluated before a decision is made as to the best course of treatment. Although no one likes surprises, it sometimes its impossible to give an accurate estimate before sedation. From an economic and medical standpoint, it is important to complete all needed dental procedures during the initial visit and sedation rather than having to schedule another appointment with additional sedation required.
Feel free to contact us today at (512) 251-1917 if you have any questions about dental health or the services we offer.